Since 1996, the National Golden Apple Award for Teaching Excellence has highlighted a medical school professor that deserve international notoriety due to their improvements or advancements in medical education. All Local Golden Apple recipients are automatically considered for the National Golden Apple Award, which recognizes an individual’s national impact on the field of academic medicine.
Join us at AMSA’s National Convention and Exposition in Washington, DC, March 8-11, 2018, as we announce the award winner.
- Only recipients of the Local Golden Apple Award are eligible to receive the National Golden Apple Award for Teaching Excellence.
Nomination & Selection Process
- Nominations close on December 3, 2017.
- The selection committee for the National award will be comprised of the AMSA National President, AMSA Vice-President of Leadership Development, AMSA Fellow and AMSA Staff.
Presentation & Award
- Award will be presented at the 2018 AMSA Convention & Exposition.
- Award recipient will receive one complimentary registration to the AMSA Convention & Exposition.
- Award recipient will receive a two-night complimentary hotel stay at the convention hotel and a $100 travel allowance.
- Award recipient will be highlighted in The New Physician (TNP) as well as on AMSA’s website and Facebook page.
- Contact Rachel Glassford at email@example.com.
Past Award Winner:
Mark Ryan, MD
Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine and Population Health & Medical Director, i²crp Program
Virginia Commonwealth University