2018 Sim Challenge
In life or death situations, the practice of medicine is never a game. But preparing for it can be! Be a part of AMSA’s Sim Challenge at AMSA’s Annual Convention and Exposition, March 8-11. Over the course of Convention, teams will compete in a series of simulated clinical scenarios requiring medical knowledge, clinical skills, teamwork, and communication. In each round, teams will be presented with a clinical case. Each team will have ~15 minutes to evaluate, discuss, and present their findings. A panel of judges will determine the winner for each round. Eight teams, seven elimination rounds. One team victorious.
The winning team will have the opportunity to compete in the European simulation competition June 27-29 in Barcelona, Spain.
Team Terms & Conditions:
- AMSA will be creating 8 teams of 4 members each.
- Teams will be created on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Register as a team or an individual and we will place you on a team.
- All team members must register individually for Sim Challenge and the AMSA Convention.
- All team members must be current medical students.
- Team members do not need to attend the same medical school.
- More than one team per school is permitted.
- All team members must be available to participate in an online pre-qualifying assessment prior to attending Convention. Details to be determined.
- All members must arrive no later than 1:00pm on Thursday, March 8.
- All members must be available to compete all day on Thursday (starting at 1pm), Friday and Saturday (ending by 6pm).
*subject to change.