Hotel & Travel
Venue & Hotel
Reserve your hotel room now!
AMSA has negotiated a special rate at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City for your convenience. There is limited availability under this special rate, so make sure to book early. Once this block of rooms is sold out, rooms may sell for a higher rate regardless if it’s prior to the deadline. Sleeping rooms in Washington, DC tend to fill up quickly in March as this is the beginning of their tourist and event season.
Deadline for AMSA rate: February 20, 2018
Single/Double Occupancy: $164 per night (+ tax*)
Triple/Quadruple Occupancy: $169 per night (+ tax*)
*Tax is currently 13% but subject to change.
How to make your reservation
Phone: (703) 418-1234. Make sure to reference “AMSA – American Medical Student Association” when making your reservation to receive these rates and specify the type of room you will need (2 double beds vs. king bed).
Online: Click here to reserve your room online.
The Hyatt Regency Crystal City and the AMSA National Office are unable to match you with roommates.
Reagan National Airport (DCA) – (less than 1 mile from hotel)
Other nearby airports include:
- Dulles International Airport (IAD) – (28 miles from hotel)
- Baltimore Washington International Thurgood Marshal Airport (BWI) – (36 miles from hotel)
Did you know that AMSA has a partnership with STA Travel?
STA Travel is the largest student and youth specific travel company in the world. Travel benefits for AMSA Members include a $25 off code to be used at the time of booking, both online and over the phone, additional 10% off land tours, additional 5% off rail passes and discounted ISIC cards. Click here for more information about STA Travel.
From Reagan National Airport:
- Courtesy Hyatt Airport Shuttle to Reagan National Airport (DCA) departs the hotel every 20 minutes on the hour from 4:40am – 12:00am. (Times subject to change.)
- Shuttle picks up at A Terminal (2nd Curb by the marked Hotel Shuttle stop location) and B & C Terminal Arrivals, Door 5 and Door 9 (1st Curb by the marked Hotel Shuttle stop location).
- Uber, Lyft and Taxi transportation options are also available.
From Dulles International Airport:
- Taxi: One-way to/from Dulles International Airport (IAD) is approximately $40 to $45.
- Super Shuttle: One Way To/From Dulles International Airport (IAD) is approximately $29.
- Washington Metro System (Rail and Bus)
- Uber and Lyft transportation options are also available.