National Golden Apple Award For Teaching Excellence
Nominations have closed for AMSA’s 2019 National Awards to be presented at this year’s Annual Convention & Exposition. Join us in Washington, D.C., March 7-10, 2019, as we announce the award winner(s).
Since 1996, the National Golden Apple Award for Teaching Excellence has highlighted a medical school professor that deserve international notoriety due to their improvements or advancements in medical education.
- A medical professor who has contributed to improvements or advancements in medical education.
Nomination & Selection Process
- Nominations close on January 21, 2019.
- The selection committee for the National award will be comprised of the AMSA National President, AMSA Vice-President of Leadership Development, AMSA Fellow and AMSA Staff.
Presentation & Award
- Award will be presented at the 2019 AMSA Convention and Exposition this March 7-10 in Washington, D.C.
- Award recipient will receive one complimentary registration to the AMSA Convention and Exposition.
- Award recipient will receive a two-night complimentary hotel stay at the convention hotel and a $100 travel allowance.
- Award recipient will be highlighted in The New Physician (TNP) as well as on AMSA’s website and social media pages.
Questions? Contact us at [email protected]
John Giannini, MD
Associate Professor of Internal Medicine / Faculty Director of Simulation Center
Alabama College of Ostepathic Medicine
Mark Ryan, MD
Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine and Population Health & Medical Director, i²crp Program
Virginia Commonwealth University
Raghav Govindarajan, MD
University of Missouri School of Medicine
Special thanks to our sponsor: