James Slayton National Award for Leadership Excellence
The James Slayton National Award for Leadership Excellence is named in honor of an exemplary former AMSA National President and AMSA Foundation President. One AMSA leader whose exemplary achievement in leadership and management foster the development of inspiring physician leaders will be awarded.
Join us at AMSA’s National Convention and Exposition in Washington, D.C., March 7-10, 2019, as we announce the award winner.
- Any 2018-2019 National leader.
- The AMSA President and Fellows are NOT eligible for consideration.
- Nominees should be those that have exceptionally performed above and beyond the level of their position expectations to advance the organization forward.
Nomination & Selection Process
- Nominations close on January 21, 2019.
- Any AMSA member may submit a nomination.
- You may submit more than one nomination.
- Self-nominations will not be considered.
- The selection committee will be comprised of the National President, AMSA National Fellows and AMSA Staff.
Presentation & Award
- Award will be presented at the AMSA Annual Convention and Exposition on March 7-10, 2019, in Washington, D.C.
- Award recipient will be recognized and presented with a plaque.
- Award recipient will receive $350.
- Award recipient will receive one complimentary registration to the AMSA Annual Convention and Exposition.
- Award recipient will be highlighted in The New Physician (TNP) as well as on AMSA’s website and social media pages.
Questions? Contact us at [email protected]