James Slayton National Award for Leadership Excellence
The James Slayton National Award for Leadership Excellence is named in honor of an exemplary former AMSA National President and AMSA Foundation President. One AMSA leader whose exemplary achievement in leadership and management foster the development of inspiring physician leaders will be awarded.
- Any 2022-2023 National leader.
- The AMSA President and Fellows are NOT eligible for consideration.
- Nominees should be those that have exceptionally performed above and beyond the level of their position expectations to advance the organization forward.
Nomination & Selection Process
- Nominations close on April 17, 2023.
- Any AMSA member may submit a nomination.
- You may submit more than one nomination.
- Self-nominations will not be considered.
- The selection committee will be comprised of the National President, AMSA National Fellows and AMSA Staff.
Presentation & Award
- Award will be presented at the 2023 AMSA Annual Convention & Exposition.
- Award recipient will be recognized and presented with a plaque.
- Award recipient will receive $200.
- Award recipient will receive one complimentary registration to the AMSA Annual Convention and Exposition.
- Award recipient will be highlighted in The New Physician (TNP) as well as on AMSA’s website and social media pages.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
Andres F. Diaz, University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson
Thomas Pak, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
Avanthi Jayaweera, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
Nicole Zambolla, Medical University of Lublin
Ton La, Jr., Baylor College of Medicine
Yokaira Camilo Mena, Universidad Iberoamericana SOM
Smit Deliwala, St. James School of Medicine – St. Vincent