Paul R. Wright Chapter Success Award
Named after AMSA Executive Director Emeritus Paul R. Wright, this annual honor is awarded to chapters that have promoted AMSA’s mission of inspiring future physicians through local events, innovative programming, leadership development or calls to action. The emphasis of this award is chapter commitment to improving member solidarity by increasing awareness, recruitment, and involvement in their chapters.
Nominees will be evaluated on the quality and creativity of programs at the local level and their growth throughout the year. The award will have multiple chapter recipients including small and large, premedical, medical and international chapters.
Join us at AMSA’s National Convention and Exposition in Washington, DC, March 7-10, 2019, as we announce the award winner.
- Any AMSA premedical, medical or international chartered chapter in good standing.
- You can check to see if your chapter is active, or in good standing, on our website. If your chapter is designated as inactive, please contact [email protected] to determine how to update your chapter’s status.
Nomination & Selection Process
- Nominations close on January 21, 2019.
- Any AMSA premedical, medical or international chartered chapter in good standing may self-nominate through the online nominations form.
- Six chapters will be selected: 2 medical chapters (small and large); 2 premedical chapters (small and large); and, 2 international chapters (small and large). Small chapters are those with less than 100 members. Large chapters are those with 100 or more members.
Presentation & Award
- Awards will be presented at the 2019 AMSA Convention and Exposition this March 7-10 in Washington, D.C.
- Each large chapter award recipient will receive four (4) complimentary registrations to the AMSA Convention and Exposition.
- Each small chapter award recipient will receive two (2) complimentary registrations to the AMSA Convention and Exposition.
- Award recipients will be highlighted in The New Physician (TNP) as well as on AMSA’s website and social media pages.
The selection committee for the Paul R. Wright Chapter Success Award will be comprised of the AMSA Vice-President for Membership, AMSA International Trustee, AMSA Premedical Trustee and AMSA Staff.
The Paul R. Wright Chapter Success Award is sponsored by Wolters Kluwer, a valued AMSA partner.
Questions? Contact AMSA’s Membership Team at [email protected]
Tulane University School of Medicine
American International Medical University
Texas Tech University
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
Instituto Tecnologico de Santo Domingo
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Texas Tech University
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine
Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Texas A&M University
James Madison University